Thursday, April 9, 2009

the party bus

It's past midnight and I should be fast asleep right now...but I'm still up after some rounds of speed Scrabble and "What If" and the celebrity game in the common area in our hotel.

But I do want to let you know that we're asking God for healing for 2 people in the group who didn't feel well today (stomach bugs...), and I'm sure this is Satan's way of trying to stop what God is doing yet again. Please pray that God will bring their bodies back to normal and give them an extra dose of energy and rest tonight so they can enjoy the last full day here. And please pray that the rest of us and all the kids at the center are shielded from catching anything as well.

We have one more day to work, and work we will... We have 2 apartments to finish painting and several other painting jobs to start and finish. I'm confident that we can do it, and I think we're up for the challenge. If we can blast our new favorite techno song while we work, I'm pretty sure we can get it all accomplished.

Our bus driver, Adi, played a great mix CD today of some techno music and while we were driving through the village the bus became the party bus. So, as we all attempt to sleep tonight we're trying to get the rave beats and "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...goin' to the club......oh, oh, oh, oh, oh....put a record on" out of our heads.

I know this was a pretty quick post without a whole lot of thought, but just keeping you all updated!

Thanks for praying!

1 comment: